Discs have the added benefit of "self emptying" without having to remove the disc, which is ideal for women with heavier flows. Self emptying occurs when you relax your pelvic floor muscles, similar to a bowel movement, so it is completely normal to see blood in the toilet. To ensure your disc is properly back in place, use a clean finger to tuck back into place. You can also do a few kegels to ensure it is back in place.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Articles in this section
- General information about our Cora Discs
- How do I insert and remove the Disc?
- I can't seem to find the finger width groove, did it rotate? How do I remove my disc?
- Which side of the Disc do I insert towards my body?
- Will the Cora Disc fit me?
- Does the Disc come in different sizes?
- How is the Disc different from the Cup?
- How do I properly clean and store the Disc?
- What is the wear time of the Disc?
- Can I use my disc while I exercise?