Great question! The fact that you have to ask it is exactly the reason why we are offering pure, organic products. The truth is, there’s very little research on the precise causes of Toxic Shock Syndrome. However, as a non-scientist, and from one woman to another, my preference is always to use products that are free of super-absorbent synthetics (like those found in Playtex, Tampax, Kotex products), and also free of chemicals.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Articles in this section
- Am I at the same risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome as if I used more conventional tampons?
- Are Cora tampons Vegan friendly?
- Can you provide more details on the difference between the two absorbencies so I can best estimate my needs?
- How do Cora tampons expand?
- I'm experiencing leaking... what gives?
- What are your tampons made of?
- Where are Cora tampons manufactured?
- Why do your products have plastic applicators?
- Why organic cotton?