Great question! The fact that you have to ask it is exactly the reason why we are offering pure, organic products. The truth is, there’s very little research on the precise causes of Toxic Shock Syndrome. However, as a non-scientist, and from one woman to another, my preference is always to use products that are free of super-absorbent synthetics (like those found in Playtex, Tampax, Kotex products), and also free of chemicals.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Articles in this section
- Are Cora tampons Vegan friendly?
- Where are Cora tampons manufactured?
- Can you provide more details on the difference between the two absorbencies so I can best estimate my needs?
- Am I at the same risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome as if I used more conventional tampons?
- Do you have pads or pantyliners?
- Do you carry light or super plus tampons?
- I'm experiencing leaking... what gives?
- Do you have any samples you can send me?
- Can I get additional Stowaways to give to friends or offer as a promotional item at an event?
- Why organic cotton?